Weekly Intention: Give Some Affirmations
Let me just start by saying that I truly believe what you put out into the world will come back to you— so I’ll admit that my only real purpose in “affirming” others is to eventually hear (even) more amazing things about myself. If you think altruism is a real thing, well, that’s adorable.
"Oh my god, you look amazeballs! I went to look for that dress but they were all out of zeros."
Here are some positive things I will say this week, therefore releasing sincere-ish compliments into the universe that will boomerang back at me. I’m ready:
- To the valet at Mr. Chow: I am sure you are not a thief and that the nugget of weed I had in the glove compartment just fell out by itself.
- To Lyle, my personal shopper: You are actually very well-dressed for someone who lives on the other side of the 405/101.
- To Anneke, the au pair to my surprise baby quarter-siblings: Your English is getting really good and you looked skinny last Wednesday.
- To Dante, my old drug dealer: I’m proud of you for getting out of the game and going back to community college.
- To Zoe, my BFF: That lash serum you’re using is finally starting to work. Good job.
- To the pool guy: You’re a genius for finding my missing earring. What kind of wine do you like? I should get you something…
- To Barron, my best guy friend: Don’t be self-conscious about your height. Joaquin Phoenix is only 5’8” so relax.
- To the bartender at Chateu: I would have totally thought you were an actor, like on the street somewhere. I’ll IMDB you.